Thursday, March 19, 2020

Whispering Eyes

Whispering Eyes
You tell me you are happy and full to the brim,
You tell me you won’t budge,
And have always lived on your whim...
I don’t believe you,
I know,
Those are just lies...
There is only one place I know where to look,
And that is,
Into Your Eyes...
I look into your eyes and what do I see,
I see a child who is crying,
A child who wants to be free...
I look into your eyes and again I see,
Hope, Love and Laughter,
For a world full of glee...
I look into your eyes and this time I see,
You are calling out to someone,
One who broke your heart maybe...
Your pain engulfs me and I take a walk,
I try to tell you something,
But I just cannot talk...
Your eyes haunt me and make me want to cry,
They show me a world,
That can never fructify...
I no more look into your eyes,
For I am sad,
And that’s not kind...
It’s not your fault,
Maybe,
You never knew my mind...

No comments: