Thursday, March 19, 2020

Experimental writing

The freezing water quickly filled right up to my ears making it difficult to breathe. Shivering, I tilted my ear to gasp a few gulps of air. My other ear, submerged, started to hurt. My right hand weighed like lead as I groped around the pointed tips of the stalactites. My fingers reluctantly released the broken torch. Almost blinded, I jerked my left leg forward. In an instant, the ground beneath me gave way and started sucking me in...

'General, we are going through extreme turbulence. Please keep your seat belt fastened.'

The loud crisp voice jolted me out of my slumber. I tried to lean forward but was pushed back by the seat belt. Bright light filtered from the window pane. I blinked. Instinctively, my right hand went to my coat pocket, searching for the letter.

No comments: