Tuesday, October 05, 2021

 PACKING FOR A DIFFICULT JOURNEY


I will meet her very shortly


I remember that night when I kissed her 

Her knees buckled and

she fell into my arms


Like the setting sun

Falls into the arms of the crimson sky

Entrusting it with its light


I am carrying her favorite handkerchief

Which wipes her tears


Like the orange rainbow

Which heals the distressed clouds


I am carrying her favorite roses

Strewn on our first night


Like shells on a storm stricken beach

When she had cried till dawn


I am carrying her favorite perfume

She relies on it when she wanes in confidence


She wore it on her last birthday

Before she lost her sense of smell


..... 


I see her in the far distance 

Her  beckoning radiance

makes my heart skip

 

Like that of a school boy

Who steals his first kiss


I jump 


The salty waves caress me

Like a mother loving her lost infant 


I see her smiling

With outstretched arms


My soul mate 

We are one


Forever

No comments: